Friday, 22 September 2017

TYW Swedish Army

Having completed the rebasing i thought I would lay out the whole Swedish/Allied army for inspection








Sunday, 17 September 2017

A day at Colours

I escaped from the family for the day and spent the day at Colours in Newbury. I must admit that I was not impressed, the trader floor was gloomy and there were very few games of interest. The mitigating factor was the opportunity to meet up with quite a few friends I hadn't seen in a while.

Some bits I thought worth photographing

The most impressive was this War of Italian Unification game, the fortified town was lovely








The Mesopotamian front in WW1










A snowy Franco-Prussian War


Battlegroup Kursk - WW2


Marengo using General d'Armee, having read a number of positive comments I bought a copy




A nice idea for a river in a Cold War gone hot game




English Civil War version of "To the Strongest"


I didn't spend much, just some paint, a pack of the Plastic Soldier German armoured cars, a few discounted Ready to Roll vehicles and the General d'Armee rules.

Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Started on the Streltsy

My first unit of Streltsy, the 3rd Moscow Regiment.

Compared to some pictures I found after starting the coat colour might be too pale.

Of course this is not a new period, as the figures were all included in all the Strelets sets I bought (plus donations from Peter)

Thursday, 7 September 2017

Back to the snow - US Infantry

Just finished in time for tonight's game, my first US infantry for the Ardennes.

Figures are mainly Revell plus a few Italeri, I plan to make about two platoons worth all together

Tuesday, 5 September 2017

On the Workbench - September 2017

Now for a change from doing all that Thirty Years War stuff - I'm keeping the quantity down as I'll be travelling quite a bit this month. Hopefully I'll get to Colors at Newbury.

  • Three Russian Streltsy regiments 24 figures strong - these are made up of all the Strelets bonus figures I have collected over the years (helped by a generous contribution from Peter W)
  • Some US infantry for the Ardennes.
  • Vikings - a small force assembled from a packet of Zvezda Vikings
  • to add to my Normans and Saxons
  • Continuing to plan the Renaissance Galleys - I still can't work our the best way to scratch build them.

Friday, 1 September 2017

Morris CDSW

It's taken a long time to complete these. Although based on the same vehicle as the Morris in the Airfix Bofors kit, it took a lot of investigation to find the exact configuration. After a couple of attempts I came up with fudging two vehicles to tow my BEF 18/25 pdrs.


In the background is another spare Bofors tractor (thanks Dennis) I now need a BEF Bofors to go with it. I'll probably get the Zvezda version that has BEF crew.


For those who like work in progress pictures.

Sunday, 20 August 2017

TYW rebasing - More Imperial infantry

Hurrah!!! the rebasing project is finished with 1,227 figures rebased. These last three Impperial regiments are about 60% "new" figures and I even changed to coat colours on all the old ones.


The flags are for Bavaria/Catholic League forces and came from an source I found way back in the early days of the internet, luckily I printed out the pages.


The biggest problem throughout the project has been converting musketeers into pikemen, hence some of the strange poses at the back of the pike blocks


Along with the infantry I rebased the light guns (old Airfix French Artillery) at some point I need to find some better replacements