11/06/2013

Je Lay Emprins - Burgundian Cavalry

So the cavalry os now complete, six units corresponding to the 3rd, 4th, 11th,12th, 13th and 14th ordonnance companies. Each unit has the relevant standard for the company and an extra banner with the coat of arms of the conducteur of the company. I've given each company a theme in the coat and lance colours.

Rather than fix the flags permanently I've use the same techique as the Jacobites and glued a tube on the base, so I can swap them if needed for a different army. Although I'll be using the army with Hail Caesar I've based the figures so they can be used for WRG 6th and also have the option of deploying the units in wedge.

The figures are the Miniart French and German knight sets,reasonable figures, but a bit short on ornimentation such as plumes.

Unfortunately I miscalculated and forgot that I would need some mounted commanders, so I'll have to track down a set of the Miniart Burgundian knights to fill that gap.

7 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Very very nice!!!! The basing is also very good.

Duc de Gobin said...

These look fantastic Will - and show just what can be done with plastic miniatures.

Sean said...

Very nicely done. I'll have to appropriate your method of tying the units together, it works very well.

Sun of York said...

Wedges in 6th Edition, brings back memories. I am working on a unit of knights for my Burgundian army at the moment, but 15mm and based for Fields of Glory. Your pictures are providing me with some inspiration and good ideas. Thanks!

Millsy said...

Really nice stuff. Congrats! What's your source for the heraldry for each company out of interest?

Phil said...

A fantastic, and colorful, looking army! Love the basing too...
Phil.

Fire at Will said...

Guys, thanks for the feedback.

Millsy, the heraldry comes from the Freezeywater booklet - The Burgundian Army of Charles the Bold