25/06/2015

Preparing for Ligny 1815 - Prussian cavalry rebased

More rebasing ready for the game, this time my Prussian cavalry. Generally it all went well, until I got started on my old Dragoons that are converted Airfix cuirassiers (back right). They were falling of their bases so I gave them new bases. Then one horse split down the middle and guess what, after years of having loads of spares I had no cuirassier horses to replace it! So a replacement had to be found. The whenever I worked on them an odd rider would fall off. This wasn't to bad as they could be refixed, but the collateral damage to the paintwork needed fixing as well. I also spotted a horse starting to split, but a dose of superglue seems to have fixed that. Overall it would have been nearly as quick to have started with new figures.

Subsequently I have bought some more Hat Prussian Dragoons as a long term replacement.

5 comments:

Stryker said...

Worth all the effort I think!

Andy Canham said...

Excellent. They have come up a treat.

Cheers, Andy

Conrad Kinch said...

Great stuff Will - what do you use for late (ie non Bicorne) cuirassiers ?

Phil said...

Beautiful, well done!

Fire at Will said...

CK the late cuirassiers are the same Airfix figures as the dragoons with the helmet left on rather than replaced with a shako. Basically the cuirass detail and the epaulettes are trimmed off and the rest is just a painting conversion.